Thursday, December 20, 2012

THE DAY I MET VANILLA CHILD TEENA MARIE........

This is how I remember TEENA MARIE. My father worked part time as a door man to make ends meet and My father brought me to the building he worked at West 4th Street in Manhattan, NY in 1978 or 79 not sure because she was bragging about some album that was coming out the following year which was I AM NOT SURE (MUST BE MAGIC) OR LADY T in the early 80's. (I AM NOT SURE OF THE TIME LINE ON THIS MEETING)BUT I KNOW I WAS ABOUT 8 OR 9 YEARS OLD. He told her that "this is my daughter Claudia and we have a bond when it comes to music, we love the same music". I couldnt speak because she was ever so beautiful like a porcelain doll I will never forget it. Her skin was so smooth and she looked like milk I cant explain it. Her hair was so curly. I thought she was so beautiful and so kind I will never forget it. She was leaving the building and some guy was calling her and she slapped her leg and said... Can't you see Im talking to this gorgeous baby! just wait man! I will never forget that. She squeezed my cheeks and kissed my cheeks. She was wearing wedges with white pants and a fishnet poncho with beads laced in the poncho. I remeber that. My dad told her that I loved to sing and write and she said "Music comes from the heart... If thats what you want then thats what you'll have. Then years later she came back to the building and she hugged my father and said " Whats going on Rick .. you still here!" She gave him an album and signed it and took a picture with him. My father promised me the album and the picture when he passes. He loved her so much. He went to shows she performed in.... He always said that if Teena Marie would have him, he would leave my mother ( so funny) but thats what he said and meant it too. When he heard she died.. He was devastated thats the first time I seen my dad act like that, I couldnt understand it. Thats was my experience with Vanilla Child.
My all time favorites: Portuguese Lover Square Biz Lover Girl OOOOOh La La I played her music everyday till this day. I love TEENA MARIE and I will always keep her spirit alive by playing her music. TEENA MARIE LIVES ON FOREVER FOR ME. Claudia Reid creid3@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment